Tag Archive

TPLO-Redux, 2 weeks

Published on February 17, 2013 By agilityvet

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks after Ticket’s second surgery on her left stifle. We went for a recheck on Friday. Only a small amount of effusion, but she was still very lame. Using the leg at a walk, but carrying it when trying to go faster. However, can’t find anything “wrong,” and it’s likely she […]


Published on February 11, 2013 By agilityvet

So, a week ago, I decided that it was time. Ticket wasn’t improving–if anything, I felt like she was doing worse. I took her back for a recheck, and her surgeon agreed that she wasn’t recovering the way we would expect. So, I elected another surgery. It wasn’t a decision I made lightly, but in […]

TPLO 12 weeks

Published on February 1, 2013 By agilityvet

So, the last two weeks haven’t been great. I didn’t feel like Ticket was progressing. If anything, it felt like she was more lame. And I just wasn’t happy with how she looked. I took her back for a recheck today, and we decided to go back in on her knee. It’s a hard decision […]